Would a loving God ever send anybody to Hell? Why would God have created us, if He knew in advance that so many people would be eternally lost? Will God send people to Hell who have never heard of Jesus? These are some of the questions skeptics ask about Hell. Learn how to answer them in the resources below:
“ANSWERS TO SKEPTICS’ MOST POPULAR QUESTIONS AND OBJECTIONS ABOUT HELL”
by Charlie Campbell
– 1. A God of love would never send anybody to Hell
– 2. God may send some people to Hell, but He’s not going to send good people to Hell
– 3. Why would God have created us, if He knew so many people would be eternally lost?
– 4. Couldn’t God have just created a world in which no one would end up in Hell?
– 5. What about those who have never heard of Jesus? Will they be condemned to Hell?
– 6. Why doesn’t God give people a second chance after death?
– 7. Why doesn’t God seek to reform sinners in some form of temporary purgatory?
– 8. It seems unfair that God would give out the same punishment to everyone who ends up in Hell
– 9. Why would God create Hell to be so horrible? I mean come on! Gnashing of teeth? Darkness? Flames? Only a crazed ogre would create that kind of place!?
– 10. All right, maybe Hell does exist, but I could never be happy in Heaven knowing my loved ones are in Hell
Responses to Rob Bell’s Book: Love Wins
“Hell and Waterfalls” by Charlie Campbell
“Is Hellfire Literal?” by Don Stewart
“Will There Be Degrees of Judgment in Hell?” by Don Stewart
“Where is Everything Going in the Future?” by Norman Geisler
“Annihilationism” by Norman Geisler
“Will Unbelievers Be Annihilated?” by Randy Alcorn
“Is Annihilationism Biblical?” by Michael Houdmann
“Is Annihilationism True?” by Matthew Slick
“Is Universalism Biblical?” by Ron Rhodes
“Is Reincarnation Biblical?” by Ron Rhodes
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES IN OUR ONLINE STORE:
ANSWERS TO THE TOUGH QUESTIONS ABOUT HELL
(DVD) by Charlie Campbell
Skeptics and critics of the Christian faith have raised some tough questions regarding the Bible’s teaching on Hell, questions like:
• How can a God of love send people to Hell?
• Why would God have created us, if He knew in advance that so many people would end up in Hell?
• Does God send people to Hell if they’ve never heard of Jesus?
• Isn’t an everlasting existence in Hell an unjust punishment for the sins done in a finite life?
• Isn’t it unjust that God would give out the same punishment to everybody who ends up in Hell?
Length: 60 minutes.
NEW! ANSWERING ATHEISTS
In this video, Charlie Campbell offers concise 3-5 minute responses to a variety of objections that atheists bring up about God and the Bible. Objections like...
• "The Bible condones slavery!”
• “God commanded the Jews to commit genocide!"
• “A talking snake in the Garden of Eden? How do you believe this stuff?”
• “If God existed, He’d appear to us in a public setting!”
• “The Bible was written by men! It’s not trustworthy.”
• “It’s foolish to think a god built a universe billions of light years across just to have a personal relationship with you.”
• “Evolution is a proven fact.”
• “The Bible is oppressive and harmful to women!”
• “Religions, Christianity included, are responsible for most of the world’s wars, suffering, and atrocities!”
• and more! Length: 48 minutes
NEW! THE BIBLE'S SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY AND FORESIGHT
Has the Bible been disproved by scientific discoveries? Is the Bible hopelessly out-of-date? Critics of Christianity say yes. But the evidence says no. In this 50-minute video, Charlie Campbell lays out a case for the scientific accuracy of the Bible by looking at several ancient revelations in the Bible that revealed amazing facts about the Earth and the universe thousands of years before the invention of telescopes, satellites, deep-diving submarines, and all the other technology that finally allowed scientists in the last century or two to verify these revelations were correct! This video will surely strengthen your confidence in the accuracy and trustworthiness of the Bible!
NEW! ONE MINUTE ANSWERS TO SKEPTICS—UPDATED & EXPANDED EDITION!
Could you use help answering atheists, skeptics, and agnostics’ top 50 objections and questions about God and the Bible? Objections like:
• “Why doesn’t God just appear to us in a public setting and prove He exists?”
• “The New Testament authors stole details for Jesus’s life story from religions that were around long before Christianity!”
• “The God of the Old Testament commanded the Israelites to commit genocide!”
• “The Bible condones slavery! Only evil, selfish men would concoct a book like that!”
• “You think Christianity is true because you live in the West and were brought up in the Christian faith. If you had been born in India, you’d be a Hindu!”
Learn how these and other objections and questions can be answered in this updated and expanded edition of One Minute Answers to Skeptics.
EVIDENCE FOR THE BIBLE (Part 1): Ten Reasons You Can Trust the Scriptures
Was the Bible written by deceitful men? Is the Bible out-of-sync with scientific discoveries? Has the Bible undergone corruption as it was translated down through the centuries? Are the persons, places and events mentioned in the Bible mythological? What sets the Bible apart from other religious writings like the Quran, Hindu Vedas, or Book of Mormon? Charlie Campbell has been researching answers to questions like these for more than twenty years. In this updated, expanded 83 minute video he answers these questions as he builds a compelling ten-pronged case for the trustworthiness of the Bible:
• Scientific Discoveries
• Archaeological Evidence
• Fulfilled Prophecies
• The Dead Sea Scrolls
• Extrabiblical Historical Sources
• The Martyrdom of the Disciples
• Problems in the Quran
• Problems in the Book of Mormon
• And more!
Is the Bible a collection of fables and myths? Are the persons, places, and events in the Bible just fabrications by deceitful men? Many critics of Christianity think so, but archaeological discoveries show otherwise. Over the past two centuries, archaeologists have made thousands of discoveries that have helped to verify the exact truthfulness of the Bible's detailed records of various events, customs, persons, cities, nations, and geographical locations. This video by Charlie Campbell will introduce you to several of these fascinating Bible-affirming finds, both old and new. Length: 53 minutes.
SCROLLS & STONES: Compelling Evidence the Bible Can Be Trusted
Can we trust the Bible? Isn’t the Bible just “ancient ﬁction” written by fallible, perhaps even deceitful men? Haven’t books of the Bible been lost and even tampered with down through the centuries? Isn’t the Bible out-of- sync with scientiﬁc discoveries? What about the apparent contradictions in the Bible? What makes the Bible any different than the Hindu Vedas, Quran, or Book of Mormon? Charlie Campbell has been researching answers to questions like these for nearly twenty-five years. It was his initial research that led him to become a follower of Jesus in 1990. In Scrolls & Stones he shares some of the evidence that changed his mind back then but also fascinating new discoveries...all confirming the reliability of the Bible. You’ll learn about:
• Extrabiblical Historical Sources that Verify Biblical Events
• Scientific Discoveries Archaeological Evidence
• Fulfilled Prophecies
• Ancient Scrolls and Manuscripts
• Answers to Skeptics’ Objections and Questions
• And more!
Contains questions for further reflection and small group discussion, and a full subject index.
Video & Book curriculum by Charlie Campbell
Is your teen prepared to survive college and a secular workplace with his or her faith still intact? Many teens are not. ABR has heard from so many parents whose kids have walked away from the Lord after heading off to college. And the parents consistently say, "We wish we would have done more to expose our kids to good Christian apologetics and evidences." You probably know the importance of apologetics. You want your kids to be prepared to stand against the onslaught of skepticism they will be confronted with in the world. But where does one begin? What subjects are the most important to address? What authors and resources can I trust? What resources will my teen be able to grasp and enjoy? If you’ve been wondering about these kinds of questions, ABR is excited to let you know that help has arrived. Learn more here.
When it comes to Jesus, atheists commonly say:
• There’s no credible evidence Jesus existed
• The authors of the Gospels stole their ideas for Jesus’ life from other ancient religions
• The earliest Christians didn’t believe Jesus was God
• The Gospels contradict one another
• There are scientific errors in the Gospels
• The “Gospel of Thomas” and the “Gospel of Judas” give us a more accurate understanding of who Jesus was
• Accounts of Jesus’ miracles are fabrications
Charlie Campbell, an author and Christian apologist, responds to these charges and lays out a compelling case that Jesus really did exist and the Gospels are trustworthy accounts of His life. Length: 52 minutes.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE FOR THE BIBLE: Exciting Discoveries Verifying Persons, Places and Events in the Bible
This book explores dozens of archaeological discoveries that have confirmed the trustworthiness of the Bible. You'll learn not only about the discoveries and their bearing on the reliability of the Bible, but also what the critics used to say before the discovery was made. Packed with approximately 90 photographs. 150 pages.
Old Testament discoveries and topics include: the Genesis Flood, Israelites in Egypt, the Exodus, Jericho, Child Sacrifice to Molech, David, the Philistines, Nineveh, Hezekiah's Tunnel, Nebuchadnezzar, and more.
New Testament discoveries and topics include: Herod the Great, John the Baptist, the Pool Bethesda, the Synagogue in Capernaum, Caiaphas, Pontius Pilate, Crucifixion in the first century, Rolling Tomb Stones, Jesus Christ, Persons and Places Mentioned by Luke, and more! Available in full color, black and white, and Spanish full color.
Did the universe just pop into being from "literally nothing," as Richard Dawkins and other prominent atheists say? Did human beings with 206 bones and nearly 700 muscles come into being by unguided natural causes? Searching out answers to questions like these led Charlie Campbell to abandon his atheism in 1990. In this DVD, he shares some of the evidence from cosmology, biology, philosophy, history, and the Bible that changed his mind. If you have doubts about God, watch this with an open mind! Length: 68 minutes.