The so-called “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints” was founded in the early part of the nineteenth century by a man named Joseph Smith. What does the Mormon church teach? What books does it look to as authoritative? How do Mormon teachings line up with the Bible? Are there any good reasons to accept the Book of Mormon as divinely authoritative? How can Christians share the truth with Mormon friends and missionaries on their porches? Get answers to these questions and others in the resources below.
“AN EXAMINATION AND RESPONSE TO MORMONISM” by Charlie Campbell
– The Origin of the Mormon Church
– Four Unbiblical Teachings of the Mormon Church
– Mormon View of God
– Mormon View of Man
– Mormon View of Jesus
– Mormon View of Salvation
– Is Mormonism a Cult?
– Six Reasons the Book of Mormon Should Not Be Trusted (S.A.C.R.E.D.)
1. It Contradicts Authentic Scripture
2. Archaeological Verification is Absolutely Lacking
3. It Has Undergone Enormous Change
4. It Rips Off Thousands of Words and Phrases from Other Sources
5. It is Permeated with Scientific and Historical Errors
6. It Was Published by a Deceitful False Prophet
“Questions to Ask Mormons” by Charlie Campbell
Articles Responding to Latest Issues & Controversies in the Mormon Church
Salt Lake City Messenger by Utah Lighthouse Ministry
“More Questions to Ask Mormons” by Mormonism Research Ministry
“Bible and Book of Mormon Contradictions” by Sandra Tanner
“The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon” by Marian Bodine
“Does Archaeology Support The Book Of Mormon?” by Luke P. Wilson
Joseph Smith Was An Adulterer & Polygamist, Who Had 30–40 Wives by The New York Times
The Problem with Praying About the Book of Mormon by Marian Bodine
Warning Tract (Print out and leave on the doors of your neighbors to warn them about Mormons) by Matt Slick
“A Sample of Joseph Smith’s False Prophecies” by Sandra Tanner
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES IN ABR’s ONLINE STORE:
MORMONISM: An Overview of the Origin and Teachings of the Mormon Church
(DVD or mp4 video download)
• Where, when and how did Mormonism begin?
• Who was Joseph Smith?
• What do Mormons believe about God? Jesus? Mankind? Salvation and the afterlife?
• Is Mormonism in harmony with true Biblical Christianity?
• Is the Book of Mormon a trustworthy, authentic revelation from God?
• If not, why not?
• How can Christians be more effective in sharing the truth with Mormons?
Charlie Campbell answers these questions and more in this 70-minute video.
ANSWERS TO THE CULTS’ ATTACKS ON JESUS
(DVD or On Demand video) by Charlie Campbell
Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims, and others say Jesus was merely a human prophet, an angel, or some other created being. And they claim to have support for their views in the Bible. Christians believe Jesus was and is the eternal God, the second person in the Trinity, equal in nature with God the Father and the Holy Spirit. Who is right? In this video, Charlie Campbell, a Christian apologist, interacts with a formidable Scripture-wielding Jehovah’s Witness (well, a pretend one) in a verse-by-verse examination of the most popular proof texts used to deny the deity of Christ. By answering each of the man’s misunderstandings and mistaken interpretations, Charlie demonstrates that the traditional, historical understanding of Jesus’ deity is the Biblical view. Length: 55 minutes.
What does the Bible say about the future? Will wars and famines ever cease? Will there ever be peace in the Middle East? Will Jesus return to the Earth? Learn where the world is headed in this clear overview of upcoming events in Bible prophecy. Pastor, author, and teacher Charlie Campbell, discusses prophecies surrounding:
• Societal Degeneration
• the Rapture
• the Tribulation + Antichrist
• the Invasion of Israel
• the Battle of Armageddon
• Jesus’s Second Coming + Reign
• the Great White Throne Judgment
• the New Earth + more
Charlie holds to a Pretribulational Rapture and Premillennial Second Coming (the same view shared by Norman Geisler, John Walvoord, John MacArthur, Warren Wiersbe, Chuck Smith, etc.).
Could you use help answering atheists, skeptics, and agnostics’ top 50 objections and questions about God and the Bible? Objections like:
• “Why doesn’t God just appear to us in a public setting and prove He exists?”
• “The New Testament authors stole details for Jesus’s life story from religions that were around long before Christianity!”
• “The God of the Old Testament commanded the Israelites to commit genocide!”
• “The Bible condones slavery! Only evil, selfish men would concoct a book like that!”
• “You think Christianity is true because you live in the West and were brought up in the Christian faith. If you had been born in India, you’d be a Hindu!”
Learn how these and other objections and questions can be answered.
Archaeologists have unearthed thousands of ancient artifacts, documents, and inscriptions that verify details in the Bible. Join Charlie Campbell for a journey through the ancient land of the Bible (Israel, Egypt, Jordan, etc.) to learn about dozens of these fascinating discoveries. This updated edition features:
• New discoveries
• Concise explanations of finds
• 100+ color photographs
• Bible-history timeline
• Subject and Scripture index
• Questions for discussion
• 300+ footnotes for further study
• Q&A with the author
This tiny USB flash drive contains all 34 of Charlie Campbell’s videos (approx. 50 mins. each) on a wide variety of issues related to the defense of the Christian faith. Just plug it into the USB port on your television or computer (Mac or PC) and begin watching. Click here to order or for more details.
This updated edition now includes more than 500 faith-strengthening quotes by leading defenders of the Christian faith . . .
• Norman Geisler
• Lee Strobel
• John Lennox
• Ron Rhodes
• C.S. Lewis
• Josh McDowell
• Frank Turek
• J. Warner Wallace + lots more
Includes author, subject, and scripture index.
Can we trust the Bible? Isn’t the Bible just “ancient ﬁction” written by fallible, perhaps even deceitful men? Haven’t books of the Bible been lost and even tampered with down through the centuries? Isn’t the Bible out-of- sync with scientiﬁc discoveries? What about the apparent contradictions in the Bible? What makes the Bible any different than the Hindu Vedas, Quran, or Book of Mormon? Charlie Campbell has been researching answers to questions like these for nearly twenty-five years. It was his initial research that led him to become a follower of Jesus in 1990. In Scrolls & Stones he shares some of the evidence that changed his mind back then but also fascinating new discoveries . . . all confirming the reliability of the Bible. You’ll learn about:
• Extrabiblical Historical Sources that Verify Biblical Events
• Scientific Discoveries Archaeological Evidence
• Fulfilled Prophecies
• Ancient Scrolls and Manuscripts
• Answers to Skeptics’ Objections and Questions
• Questions for further reflection and small group discussion
• Full subject index
Many teens growing up in Christian homes have not been exposed to the wealth of evidence and good arguments for God’s existence and the trustworthiness of the Bible. Under-equipped and weak in their faith, many young adults walk away from the Christian faith after they move out of the house, if not before. ABR hears this sad story over and over from heartbroken parents. Well, we would love to help prevent this from happening to your son or daughter. Charlie Campbell, the founder of ABR, has developed a “Youth Apologetics Course” that will help EQUIP your son or daughter to STAND STRONG in the truth and “contend earnestly for the faith” (Jude 3). It consists of ten videos, two books, and a fill-in-the-blank workbook that your teen can watch, read, and go through at their own pace at home. Learn more here.